Ronda Rouse slightly survived ‘Survivor Series,’ as Charlotte Flair unleashed a brutal beating at the former UFC celebrity. As the WWE recovers, listed here are some info concerning the ‘Queen’ of the hoop.
Charlotte Flair would possibly not have received her fit at Survivor Series on Nov. 18, however Ronda Rousey got here out of the fight having a look like hell. The “Baddest Woman on the Planet” used to be left with a bloody mouth and a fats lip after catching an elbow to the jaw. As the action spilled out of doors of the hoop, Charlotte attacked Ronda with a Kendo stick. Ronda used to be awarded the win by the use of DQ, however that didn’t stop Charlotte’s onslaught. She attacked Ronda extra with the Kendo stick before turning in her “Natural Selection” transfer to Ronda on a chair.
After riding the previous UFC champ’s head into the metal, she wrapped the chair round Ronda’s throat before turning in a devastating stomp. The carnage has reminded many who although she’s now not the SmackDown Women’s champion, she’s nonetheless the “Queen” of the WWE, so right here are a few things you would possibly not have identified about her.
1. She completely received “Show & Tell” as a child. Being the daughter of the most important wrestlers on the planet — “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair — has its perks. Rich, when talking on his former podcast WOOOOOO! Nation, stated that Charlotte once were given the overdue “Macho Man” Randy Savage to visit her first grade lecture room as a part of “Show & Tell,” in keeping with WrestleZone. Having “Macho Man” shout “ooooh, yeaaaah” beats any geode or conch shell.
2. Her first on-screen look wasn’t in a WWE ring. Since debuting with the WWE in 2012, Charlotte has turn out to be synonymous with the corporate’s “evolution” of ladies’s wrestling. Gone are the dramatic theatrics – and misogynistic “bra & panties” suits – of the prior “Divas” eras. Instead, Charlotte has led the corporate in revolutionizing its attitudes against ladies’s wrestling, to some extent the place there are rumors that Ronda and Becky Lynch’s behind schedule fit could headline Strive againstMania. Yet, the sector’s first on-screen look wasn’t with the WWE.
The global were given its first glimpse of Charlotte – or, of Ashley Elizabeth Fliehr – at WCW’s Starrcade 1993. A 7-year-old Ashley used to be there to have a good time together with her father, Ric Flair. As a young person, she would help her father and her brother, David Flair, fight Vince Russo in WCW in 2000. She even had a key position Ric’s fit against Russo in 2000’s The Great American Bash. While she would make her debut as a wrestler greater than a decade later, Charlotte’s first wrestling look, fittingly, used to be with WCW.
3. She and Lance Storm would personal you in seaside Volleyball. Prior to signing a developmental maintain the WWE in 2012, Charlotte used to be a licensed non-public teacher in Charlotte, North Carolina, consistent with WrestleZone. Considering her athletic background, this isn’t surprising. She captained the Providence High Volleyball team from 2004 to 2005. She pursued the game to Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. It’s a disgrace that former WWE Superstar Lance Storm is now not with the corporate, as a result of he additionally used to be knowledgeable volleyball player in his formative years. Maybe the WWE can arrange a tourney for subsequent summer season
4. She venerated her overdue brother with a tattoo. Charlotte has a couple of tattoos on her body. Her first ink used to be a couple of defined hearts on her hip. Her 2d tattoo used to be one she were given together with her sister, Megan. Coincidentally, each she and Megan have been getting divorced on the time, so that they each were given a Biblical quote – “Guard your heart above all else, for it will determine the course of your life – on her side. However, the tattoo that may be closest to her heart is the cross bearing the name “Reider,” in tribute to her overdue brother, Reid Fliehr. Reid gave up the ghost in 2013 from an unintended overdose.
5. She’s been divorced…two times. In 2011, Charlotte divorced Riki Johnson after a couple of incidents of home violence, which she wrote in her joint-biography, Second Nature.”Riki used to be the toughest to write down about,” Charlotte stated, consistent with ESPN. “It was hard because I never dealt with it. I’m embarrassed and ashamed and why would I let myself go through something like that? If you would have talked to me six months ago, I probably wouldn’t have gotten through the interview without crying. I was still so raw, and even when talking about Reid I can feel it in my throat but I’m stronger now.”
Charlotte used to be married for a 2d time, this time tying the knot with Thomas Latimer, higher identified to wrestling fans as Bram. Their divorce used to be finalized in October 2015.