We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Slot: 6 Openings
Contract sort: National contract
About the Job
- The building supervisor’s major perform is to help the Shelter Officer in guaranteeing high quality of the planning, implementation and observe up of Shelter actions being applied by DRC..
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities
General Programming & Operations:
- Carrying out Shelter wants evaluation for returning refugees and IDPs and utilizing results in designing intervention measures.
- Monitor Shelter actions, building works progress and reporting accordingly.
- Ensure archiving of Shelter logs and procurement information.
- Participate in preparations of Shelter flight and automobile plans.
- Ensure environment friendly and Effective program implementation whereas following the finances and work plan.
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to take care of the established shelter sources.
Coordination and illustration:
- Collaborate with related Internal and External technical specialists on points associated to shelter.
- Represent DRC at shelter conferences and different related technical coordination conferences at discipline stage.
- Ensure integration of Shelter actions with different DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with RRM and Shelter NFI and Infrastructure counterparts in different places within the implementation of widespread funded initiatives.
- Ensure good illustration and fame of Shelter sector in any respect ranges.
- Actively take part in inside coordination assembly
- Assist in creating the initiatives’ M&E instruments.
- Assist in undertaking implementation and reporting.
- Prepare Shelter, NFI and Infrastructure weekly, month-to-month, quarterly and annual studies as tasked by Shelter Officer.
- The obligations listed within the JD are usually not exhaustive and could also be readjusted in accordance with operational wants however will remain in step with the general goal of the function.
To achieve success on this function we count on you to. All staff ought to grasp DRC’s core competencies:
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we additionally count on the next:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Building or Civil Engineering from acknowledged establishment.
- HND or diploma in Architecture, Building or Civil Engineering from acknowledged establishment.
- At least 1-year expertise in implementation and analysis of Shelter initiatives.
- Knowledge of Shelter Approaches.
- Good IT abilities (particularly MS Office).
- Conversant with AutoCAD or appropriate design software program
- Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- Experience working in emergency response with NGOs, ideally in a humanitarian context.
- Contract size: 6 MONTHS
- Level: SB4
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary and circumstances can be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please check with “drc.ngo” under Vacancies.
Application Closing Date
eighth October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply online