We are recruiting to fill the vacant place under:
Job Title: Project Officer (HSS/EU Project)
Ref Id: 1804450
Primary Location: Enugu
Duty Station: Awka-Anambra
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract period: 12 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- The World Health Organization (WHO) Country Office of Nigeria entered right into a funding association with the European Union (EU) whereby, for a interval of three years (April 2017 via March 2020), WHO will assist the venture titled: ‘Strengthening the Nigerian Health System towards achieving Universal Health Coverage’.
- The venture focuses on enhancing the health state of affairs in Nigeria, via improved information evaluation and knowledge dissemination capabilities, health expenditure estimation, discount in monetary obstacles to health care on the federal stage in chosen states.
Description of Duties
Under the general Guidance of the WHO Country Representative, and direct supervision of the Health Systems Adviser on the WHO Country Office in Abuja, the incumbent will perform the next duties:
Collaborate with the state authorities in strengthening state-level Health Information and Health Financing capabilities including:
- Support the Ministry of Health to develop a harmonized information high quality course of
- Support for coordination of actors in health info via the related technical working group within the chosen states
- Support the constructing of capability of the State Ministry of Health analysis and statistics division and the state Monitoring and Evaluation/Health Information System (M&E/HIS) models on the evaluation of health info, each from routine methods and from surveys
- Support to the Government for monitoring of the extent of protection of danger safety schemes at numerous ranges of the health system
- Support to the Government to conduct annual health accounts estimation in addition to different expenditure monitoring processes
- Analyze info from these processes in 5 above alongside health outcomes information to evaluate effectivity of health spending
- Contribute in the direction of WHO and EU’s visibility
- Coordinate venture actions and facilitate alternatives for well timed results attainment
- Liaise with the health sector management and acceptable stakeholders to resolve implementation bottlenecks
- Coordinate state Partners to facilitate synergy and maximize sources use for HSS initiatives
- Technical help to State in implementation of health info and health financing actions
- Technical help to the states for the improvement of Operational plan for implementation of the State Strategic Health Development Plan (SSHDP) II
- Support the documentation and sharing of classes realized from the implementation of venture’s initiatives at numerous platforms at state ranges
- Produce and disseminate technical briefs on merchandise
Contribute to WCO and state HSS key actions guaranteeing enchancment of health info system and health financing inside a holistic health system:
- Assigned duties:
- Participate in key federal stage HSS planning and monitoring actions to make sure incorporation of Health info and health financing.
- Participate in WCO and particular HSS cluster planning and monitoring actions guaranteeing linkage of Health Information and Health Finance constructions to total health sector constructions.
- Effective and well timed supply of WHO Country Office Key Performance Indictors (KPIs) including ePMDS, journey request, journey claims, exercise studies, HSS Project Multiyear Plan implementation month-to-month report (with particular concentrate on federal and state-level health workforce info system).
- Essential: University diploma in Medicine, Public Health, Social Science or Economics.
- Desirable: Advanced college diploma or diploma in health methods administration, public health or different associated space is an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ expertise in policy, planning, managing or growing health methods including M&E, health financing and HRH – Essential
- Demonstrable data and understanding of the Nigerian health system including health info system administration and health financing – Essential
- Desirable: Previous expertise in WHO, UN or different worldwide organizations.
Use of language expertise:
- Essential: Proficiency in written and spoken English
Specific expertise required:
- Technical experience in planning, monitoring and evaluating health methods particularly health workforce administration and improvement.
- Demonstrated capability to work successfully with the Ministry of Health and with all kinds of stakeholders at state stage
- Demonstrated capability to innovate, combine, synthesize and talk complicated ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated capability to supply sound methodological, technical recommendation and steering to a number of stakeholders and companions in international locations.
- IT Proficiency.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply online
Note: The deadline for receipt of purposes indicated above displays your private machine’s system settings.