Lastly, we have now reached the eve of the rescheduled first spherical of this 12 months’s common elections.
2. Tomorrow, the polls open. Tomorrow, we affirm that Nigeria stands as a democracy and that no worldly hand can deter us from this smart and becoming path we have now chosen for ourselves.
3. Whereas democracy is probably the most useful technique to choose a nation’s leaders, it’s removed from the simplest factor to attain and preserve.
4. It requires a mixture of endurance, tolerance, compassion, diligence, knowledge and hope. These traits exist in us the Nigerian individuals. Due to who we’re, democracy has the prospect to flourish on this land.
5. Thus, I commend all of you to your endurance and peaceable conduct up to now throughout this electoral season and particularly throughout this intervening week following the postponement of the February 16 elections.
6. Many have been frightened and thought the worst may occur. You proved them improper by displaying that you’re a nice individuals with an abiding love for peace, democracy and the unity of our nation.
7. Based on the every day INEC public briefings given this week, the Electoral Fee says it’s prepared and totally ready to conduct the election in a free, honest and clear method.
8. I imagine INEC realises the profound and weighty obligation that rests upon it.
9. We should forged apart doubt and have religion that INEC will rise to the event. We should imagine and encourage INEC to meet and honour this accountability it owes to our nation.
10. As your President, I hereby ask all Nigerians with voting playing cards to take part in defining the way forward for our nation by exercising your democratic rights tomorrow. I urge you to exit and vote.
11. I say this as a result of elections are the cornerstone of consultant governance. And voting constitutes the very best and finest expression of the sovereign will of the individuals to decide on the federal government that finest represents them.
12. It is just upon the freely expressed will of the folks that authorities really devoted to the welfare, rights and pursuits of the individuals will be based.
13. Don’t permit anybody to discourage you from the train of your rights as residents and voters tomorrow.
14. To vote implies that you imagine in Nigeria and the superb issues the long run holds for this nation and its individuals.
15. Regardless of our political leanings, all of us imagine in Nigeria, within the noble ideas for which it stands and within the values we attempt for our beloved nation to uphold.
16. All who’re ready, should vote in order that we could higher good this democracy and proceed to construct the larger nation we search.
17. Don’t be afraid of rumours of violence and unrest. Our safety businesses have labored diligently to make sure that satisfactory safety measures are in place.
18. It is possible for you to to vote in an environment of openness and peace, devoid of concern from risk or intimidation.
19. Worldwide and home displays and observers are assured of their security and freedom of motion wanted to carry out their essential features.
20. As we thank home displays and observers for his or her contributions to our democracy, we additionally thank the worldwide teams for the friendship and concern they’ve demonstrated to our nation.
21. We admire their efforts in encouraging us to additional entrench and strengthen our democracy.
22. Tomorrow is an encounter with historical past by which you, the individuals, shall affirm your collective perception in our nationwide greatness and in our future.
23. I ask that you simply embrace and maintain on to the significance of the second quickly to be upon us.
24. Honour your civic obligation as voters by going to the polls tomorrow to vote for the federal government of your selection, for the federal government that may lead Nigeria towards its most interesting future.
25. As residents there isn’t any larger obligation than this and no larger honour. Tomorrow, I do know you’ll as soon as once more make Nigeria pleased with its individuals.
Could God bless our democracy and eternally bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.