ISIS West Africa, Boko Haram plan to disrupt the 2019 elections – US Embassy points alert
The United States Embassy has issued a security alert to Nigerians because the 2019 general elections draw nearer. This comes after current terrorist assaults within the Northern a part of the nation.
In an announcement, the US Embassy disclosed that terrorist teams, ISIS West Africa and Boko Haram plan to disrupt the upcoming presidential elections, though it has not acquired any particular threats.
Read the full assertion under:
There is an increase in ISIS propaganda movies particularly directed to Nigeria and the continuing civil unrest in Borno state and the Northeast. ISIS West Africa (ISWA) and Boko Haram have each said they plan to disrupt the upcoming 2019 presidential elections by conducting assaults on Nigerian Security and infrastructure, in addition to locations of gathering such as markets, accommodations, and malls. While we’ve no particular risk info to the U.S. Embassy or inside Nigeria through the election season, U.S. residents in Nigeria ought to keep in mind to observe private security precautions regularly.
Actions to Take:
- Expect extra police and navy checkpoints and doable street blocks all through the nation
- Carry correct identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Nigerian visa, if wanted
- Exercise warning when strolling or driving at night time
- Review journey routes and instances to cut back time and place predictability
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be conscious of your environment
- Keep a low profile
- Stay alert in public locations, including colleges, hospitals, government services, locations of worship, vacationer places, and transportation hubs
- Review your private security plans
- Monitor local media for updates.