The first main UFC occasion of 2019 is upon us as UFC 143 takes place on Saturday, Jan. 19 from Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
The important occasion options Henry Cejudo making the first protection of the flyweight championship, when he battles bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw.
Cejudo (13-2) pulled off one of many largest upsets in 2018 at UFC 227, defeating an all-time nice fighter in Demetrious Johnson by break up determination to seize flyweight gold. The triumph snapped Johnson’s 14-fight unbeaten streak and run of 11 consecutive title defenses.
Dillashaw (16-3) regained the bantamweight title against Cody Garbrandt at UFC 217, successful by second-round knockout. In August, Dillashaw beat Garbrandt again, that point stopping Garbrandt within the first round at UFC 227.
Cejudo revealed to Sporting News on Monday that originally he needed to maneuver up and problem Dillashaw for his title, however he did not take the fight as a result of the monetary features weren’t proper to make it price it.
The 135-pound titleholder vows to rid of the 125-pound division if he emerges victorious. If Dillashaw wins, he can be the fourth individual in UFC historical past to carry two titles on the similar time.
Will Cejudo be capable of be the savior of the flyweight division or can Dillashaw be a man of his phrase?
(All occasions Eastern.)
When is Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw in UFC Fight Night 143?
UFC 143 takes place on Saturday, Jan. 19. Main card protection begins at 10 p.m. Cejudo and Dillashaw ought to enter the Octagon round 12:30 a.m.
How to look at, dwell stream UFC Fight Night 143
The first three fights and the primary card will be bought for $4.99 with a month-to-month subscription to ESPN+ and the center 4 bouts will be seen on ESPN.
Where is UFC Fight Night 143?
UFC 143 is held on the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
UFC Fight Night 143 betting odds
According to sportsbookreview.com (as of Jan. 14), Dillashaw is a -220 favourite, which suggests you’d have to wager $220 to win $100. Meanwhile, Cejudo is a +185 underdog, that means in case you would wager $100, you’d internet $185.
Henry Cejudo report and bio
Name: Henry Cejudo
Born: February 9, 1987
Total fights: 15
T.J. Dillashaw report and bio
Name: T.J. Dillashaw
Born: Febraury 7, 1986
Height: 5-6 ½
Total fights: 19
UFC Fight Night 143 fight card
- Henry Cejudo (c) vs. T.J. Dillashaw for Cejudo’s Flyweight title
- Greg Hardy vs. Allen Crowder; Heavyweight
- Gregor Gillespie vs. Yancy Medeiros; Lightweight
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz; Flyweight
- Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich; Women’s Flyweight
- Glover Teixeira vs. Karl Roberson; Light Heavyweight
- Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez; Lightweight
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski; Women’s Flyweight
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Moreira; Light Heavyweight
- Mario Bautista vs. Cory Sandhagen; Bantamweight
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Te Edwards; Lightweight
- Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal; Welterweight
- Chance Rencountre vs. TBD; Welterweight